Presentations, Education Week, Lectures, and Other Firesides
Recent Lectures and Presentations
Education Week Aug 21 - 25, 2017
Becoming the Beloved Disciple: Lessons from the Gospel of John
- Tues - Characters in the Gospel of John and the First Disciples
- Wed - Teachers, Outsiders, and Friends
- Thurs - Discipleship in Troubled Times
- Fri - Becoming the Beloved Disciple
“My Soul Doth Magnify the Lord”: Early Christian Hymns in the New Testament"
- Tues - From Old Testament Psalms to New Testament Hymns
- Wed - The Christological Hymns in Paul
- Thurs - Four Lucan Canticles: The First Christmas Carols
- Fri - Theological Hymns and Prayers in the Writings of John
- "Arrested Development: Talmage's Jesus the Christ, Authoritative Hermeneutic, and LDS Biblical Studies" at the SBL National Convention in San Antonio, Texas, on November 19, 2016
- "Preaching Jesus and Him Crucified." BYU Easter Conference. Provo, Utah, March 25, 2016
- "Lights in the World: The Competing, but Complementary, Calls of Faithfulness and Compassion." Second John A. Widtsoe Symposium. School of Religion, University of Southern California, September 14-25, 2015.
- Womens Conference 2015: "Wells of Trust Fanning Flames of Faith" (Download Text) (Download Presentation Slides)
- 43rd Sperry Symposium 2014: "The Accounts of Peter's Denial" by Eric D. Huntsman
- "Women at Church" Panel at Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum - Panel Presentations Sept. 11, 2014
- “Rebuking the Devil and Healing the Fallen: Jesus’ Miracles in Luke.” BYU New Testament Commentary Conference, May 14, 2014.
- "Miraculous Signs in the Gospel of John: Revealing the Divine Jesus." BYU New Testament Commentary Conference, May 15, 2013
- Whether by My Voice or the Voice of My Servants, It Is the Same.' The King James Bible and the Doctrine and Covenants." Presented in the King James Bible and the Restorations Conference at Brigham Young University, February 23, 2011.
- Jesus on Jesus: John 5 and 7." Presented to the Exploring Mormon Scriptural THeology Conference, sponsored by the RichardL. Evans Chair, at Brigham Young University, October 4, 2010.
- "Nibley and Classical Scholarship," presented as part of the Neal A. Maxwell Institute's Hugh Nibley series, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Youn University in Provo, Utah, on March 18, 2010.
Other Presentations and Lectures
- "Communing with the Lord," Time out for Women's Conference 2016.
- "Wells of Trust Fanning Flames of Faith"BYU Women's Conference, April 30, 2015.
- "The Search for the 'Real' Jesus of Nazareth: The Jesus of Faith, History, and Revelation."Dialog Podcast #22, June 18, 2015
- “Sitting at the Feet of Jesus,” Time Out for Women 2015 Tour:Layton, February 21, 2015; Idaho Falls, March 21, 2015; Denver, September 11, 2015.
- “Grateful for Grace: Appreciating the Saving and Transforming Power of Jesus Christ,” YSA 18th Stake Fireside, April 22, 2015
- “The Accounts of Peter’s Denial,” 1969 British Mission Study Group, Sugar House, Utah.
- The Search for the ‘Real’ Jesus of Nazareth: The Jesus of Faith, History, and Revelation,” Miller-Eccles Study Group, May 8-9, 2015.
Jesus in the Gospel According to Mark377 Clyde Building (CB), 1:50–2:45 p.m.
- Tuesday: Mark and the Testimony of Peter
- Wednesday: A Jesus of Deeds: Miracles in Mark
- Thursday: Jesus as Preacher: The Sayings of Jesus in Mark
- Friday: Jesus as Sacrifice: The Marcan Passion
Jesus in the Gospel According to Luke377 Clyde Building (CB), 3:10–4:05 p.m.
- Tuesday: Luke, the Detailed, Compassionate, and Inclusive Evangelist
- Wednesday: Promised Savior, Son of God: The Lucan Infancy Narrative
- Thursday: Rebuking the Devil, Redeeming the Fallen: Jesus' Miracles in Luke
- Friday: A Suffering and Saving Savior: The Lucan Passion
Music and in the Scriptures. A Day Murry Music workshop, July 12, 10-11:30 a.m. at 4914 S State Street, Murray, UT 84107
Copies of my presentation: