Presentations, Education Week, Lectures, and Other Firesides
Recent Lectures and Presentations
Education Week Aug 21 - 25, 2017
Becoming the Beloved Disciple: Lessons from the Gospel of John
- Tues - Characters in the Gospel of John and the First Disciples
- Wed - Teachers, Outsiders, and Friends
- Thurs - Discipleship in Troubled Times
- Fri - Becoming the Beloved Disciple
“My Soul Doth Magnify the Lord”: Early Christian Hymns in the New Testament"
- Tues - From Old Testament Psalms to New Testament Hymns
- Wed - The Christological Hymns in Paul
- Thurs - Four Lucan Canticles: The First Christmas Carols
- Fri - Theological Hymns and Prayers in the Writings of John
TOFW, May 23, 2016 "Communing with the Lord"
Womens Conference 2015: "Wells of Trust Fanning Flames of Faith"
Dialog Podcast #22, June 18, 2015: "The Search for the 'Real' Jesus of Nazareth: The Jesus of Faith, History, and Revelation."
March 21: “Sitting at the Feet of Jesus,” Time Out for Women, Idaho Falls.
March 29: Palm Sunday Fireside, Jerusalem Center 2011–2012 alumni group.
April 22: “Grateful for Grace: Appreciating the Saving and Transforming Power of Jesus Christ,” YSA 18th Stake Fireside
April 25: “The Accounts of Peter’s Denial,” 1969 British Mission Study Group, Sugar House, Utah.
April 30: “Wells of Trust Fueling Flames of Faith,” 2015 BYU Women’s Conference, Marriott Center, Provo, Utah.
May 8–9: “The Search for the ‘Real’ Jesus of Nazareth: The Jesus of Faith, History, and Revelation,” Miller-Eccles Study Group, Fullerton and La Cañada, California
Jesus in the Gospel According to Mark377 Clyde Building (CB), 1:50–2:45 p.m.
- Tuesday: Mark and the Testimony of Peter
- Wednesday: A Jesus of Deeds: Miracles in Mark
- Thursday: Jesus as Preacher: The Sayings of Jesus in Mark
- Friday: Jesus as Sacrifice: The Marcan Passion
Jesus in the Gospel According to Luke377 Clyde Building (CB), 3:10–4:05 p.m.
- Tuesday: Luke, the Detailed, Compassionate, and Inclusive Evangelist
- Wednesday: Promised Savior, Son of God: The Lucan Infancy Narrative
- Thursday: Rebuking the Devil, Redeeming the Fallen: Jesus' Miracles in Luke
- Friday: A Suffering and Saving Savior: The Lucan Passion
Music and in the Scriptures. A Day Murry Music workshop, July 12, 10-11:30 a.m. at 4914 S State Street, Murray, UT 84107
Copies of my presentation:
43rd Sperry Symposium, "The Ministry of Peter, the Chief Apostle, October 24-25, 2014
- "The Petrine Kērygma and the Gospel according to Mark"
- The Accounts of Peter’s Denial: Understanding the Texts and Motifs